Saturday, September 10, 2011

Part 3: X-Axis Assembly

I've been holding off on this part for some time because I was trying to order some replacement parts from Metrix Create Space regarding a piece that was poured rather thin from my eBay supplier and which I sort of repaired by using epoxy to glue it back together. The part in question is responsible for clamping down on the two X-axis smooth rods but was damaged during shipping (I think). This piece exists because with Clonedel's you cant really cast holes when you make a mold.

Regardless I pressed on and assembled the X-axis with success, well see how it holds up, a replacement will be printed post hast anyways...just in case.

x-axis assembly

The repaired piece upon closer inspection

I will say that an advantage to this Clonedel part over traditional printed parts is the absence of the shaft for the spring and hex nut thus resulting in no jamming with the spring and bolt.

No comments:

Post a Comment