Sunday, August 7, 2011

Part 1: The Frame

Most of the frame is constructed now, the trickier part was the defects with the clonedel parts that will be rectified shortly as previously mentioned. Also measuring and tightening the frame was somewhat of a chore but not impossible, my frame wasn't entirely level but that is a byproduct of not working on a level table or maybe a plastic leg is a bit warped. However as long as the parts are the right length this is of little concern. I highly recommend using a caliper to measure out your frame though, at first I used cardboard pieces that I cut to size to help with measurements, a rather hacked solution but worked just fine.

The frame in its current state

My temporary jigs used to measure the frame vertexes

6 inch caliper, everyone should have one

1 comment: