Monday, October 10, 2011

Quality in Clonedel Parts

I was recently talking on IRC (with Kliment) regarding the advantages/disadvantages of Clonedel parts, and it turns out that a lot of work goes into making good molds that hold up and don't come out warped.

For instance, hex shaft on the Z-axis is needed to keep things level, the Clonedel's don't have this, I initially saw this as an advantage(and still kinda do until I start printing) because there had been preliminary reports of the top hex nut getting stuck in that shaft. Once I get the printer up and running I will find out how the Clonedel parts behave and they are any good (I think they will be OK).

In the meantime here is a blog entry from a German supplier called iFeel Beta of their gen2 Clonedel parts. They apparently worked very hard to get good quality parts cast. I recommend them as a source of Clonedel parts if you'r looking around and want to get started with a RepStrap.

2printbeta casted parts

No comments:

Post a Comment